Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall claims are cases arising from an incident in which someone slips (or trips) and falls because of hazardous conditions created by a negligent property owner. Under premises liability law, property owners are held responsible for the state of their properties. Property owners and property managers can be held liable for damages when people are injured on their property because the property does not minimum safety standards.
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact us for a free case review.
We Offer Free Case Reviews 24/7
Slip and Fall
While it may seem that slip and fall injuries should be relatively minor, slip and fall accidents can be catastrophic and lead to injuries with lifelong consequences. According to recent studies by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):
- Most general industry incidents involve slips, trips, and falls.
- Slip and Falls are responsible for 15% of all accidental deaths, second only to motor vehicles.
- Over one million Americans suffer a slip, trip, and fall injury every year.
- Unintentional slip and falls kill approximately 19,565 people each year in the U.S.
- An estimated 20 to 30% of slip and fall victims suffer moderate to severe injuries.
- Slips, trips and fall injuries account for 12 to 15 percent of all Workers’ Compensation expenses.
- Slip and fall accidents are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- Slip and fall injuries make up almost 20 percent of all job-related injuries.
Common Premises Liability Accident Causes
Many slip and fall accidents occur because of hazardous conditions. These dangerous conditions can be caused by negligent property owners, inattentive or nonexistent custodial staff, improperly managed construction site, etc. Hazardous conditions capable of causing a slip and fall injury include:
- Water leakage
- Improperly stored materials
- Poor lighting
- Damaged flooring
- Stairs that do not have a safety railing
- Excessive clutter
- Building code violations
- Lack of guardrails or fencing
- Obstructed walkways
- Icy walkways
- Lack of security
- Poor construction
- Missing or inadequate warning signs
If you have sustained injuries in a preventable slip and fall accident, contact Cooper Law Partners immediately for a free case review. We will not rest until you receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONTACT US?
There are many benefits to working with our lawyers. Choose the right law firm and get the results you deserve.
Our award-winning legal team achieved a $252,000,000 settlement against several hospitals for gross misconduct. The settlement was reached after years of hard-fought litigation that overcame multiple procedural and substantive hurdles.
Our lawyers negotiated a massive nine-figure settlement after several years of hard-fought litigation. We are especially proud of this result, as it was an extremely complex case.
The lawyers at Cooper Law Partners reached an eighty million dollar settlement on behalf of our client. Our legal team defeated numerous motions, went through the appellate court system and, ultimately, reached a great result.