Daycare Injury Lawyers
Daycare is one of the most important influences in the lives of young children. While most licensed caregivers do their best to protect children from harm, individual caretakers and organizations occasionally act negligently and fail in their duty to protect the children in their care from injury. Shockingly, some daycare providers willfully cause harm to children in their care, which can result in devastating trauma and lifelong complications for young victims. Every lawyer in our firm is a parent, so we take daycare injury cases very seriously. We are passionate about fighting for families whose children have been injured while at daycare.
Daycare Accident? Get Your 100% Free Case Review Now
Millions of Americans rely on daycare facilities every day. These care providers and institutions have a responsibility to protect your children and keep them safe. It is normal for children to experience occasional bumps and bruises while at daycare. It is not acceptable, however, for a child to sustain a serious injury while in the care of professional caretakers. Injuries such as burns, broken bones, or head injuries may be signs that the daycare facility or its employees are breaking widely accepted standards of care. Our legal team handles complex daycare injury cases stemming from various types of incidents. The most common examples of daycare negligence include:
- Failure to Properly Supervise a Child – If a child is injured, lost, or harmed in any way due to a lack of reasonable supervision, this can be evidence of negligent supervision.
- Failure to Attend to a Child’s Special Dietary Needs – Daycare providers must take reasonable care to protect that child from foods that could cause harm. Avoidable allergic reactions are considered an act of negligence.
- Failure to Provide Safe Premises – Daycares must provide a safe environment for children. That includes age-appropriate toys, safe cribs, and the absence of medicines and toxic substances.
- Failure to Screen Employees – Daycare centers are legally required to do their absolute best to protect children from dangerous individuals. If daycare organizations do not screen or conduct background checks on their employees, and inadvertently a person who isn’t qualified to provide care or worse a potential predator, they should be held liable.
Daycare negligence often lead to the following accidents and injuries:
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional/Psychological Abuse
- Playground Equipment Injuries
- Bottle-Warming Injuries
- Falling Objects
- Accidents Involving Toys or Equipment
- Accidents Involving Other Children
- Food-Related Injuries
We strongly urge parents to advocate for the safety of their own children by watching out for the following signs of injury or abuse:
- Unexplained bruises, burns or marks on the body
- Overly aggressive behaviors
- Complaints of recurring pains
- Sudden onset of inappropriate behaviors
- Strong opposition to attending daycare
If you suspect your child has been injured at daycare, first call the appropriate authorities to ensure the safety of your child. Your next call should be to the award-winning legal team at Cooper Law Partners. We are here to protect your child.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONTACT US?
There are many benefits to working with our lawyers. Choose the right law firm and get the results you deserve.
Our award-winning legal team achieved a $252,000,000 settlement against several hospitals for gross misconduct. The settlement was reached after years of hard-fought litigation that overcame multiple procedural and substantive hurdles.
Our lawyers negotiated a massive nine-figure settlement after several years of hard-fought litigation. We are especially proud of this result, as it was an extremely complex case.
The lawyers at Cooper Law Partners reached an eighty million dollar settlement on behalf of our client. Our legal team defeated numerous motions, went through the appellate court system and, ultimately, reached a great result.