Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer
Do you need help from a Phoenix car accident lawyer? At Cooper Law Partners, we support car accident victims in Phoenix and throughout the rest of Arizona who have been seriously injured by the negligent, reckless, or intentional actions of other drivers. Our Phoenix car accident lawyers fight to ensure victims of car accidents receive the financial compensation they deserve.
Many motor vehicle accident victims believe the process of claiming compensation for their injuries and negotiating with insurance companies is stacked against them. Fortunately, an experienced Phoenix car accident lawyer will take care of their car accident claim, providing victims with time and peace of mind to focus on self-care and making a full recovery.
Get Your Free Car Accident Case Review
“Some of the best legal talent in America”
Compare Us To Other Pheonix Car Accident Lawyers
See why car accident victims seek our help after researching other top Phoenix car accident lawyers.
Phoenix Auto Accident Attorneys With A Proven Track Record
At Cooper Law Partners, we provide accident victims with free consultations to fully assess their car accident cases. Motor vehicle accident cases are often complex and require careful attention to detail. To properly deal with insurance companies, you will need a personal injury lawyer in your corner who knows how to handle motor vehicle accidents.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation (AZDOT), there were more than 129,750 total car accidents in Arizona in 2019. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that 910 of those car accidents were fatal, resulting in 981 deaths across 2019. These statistics reveal the disturbing frequency and seriousness of auto accidents in Arizona.
If you don’t know how to file a personal injury claim, we can help you navigate the process. Fortunately, we handle a full range of car accident cases. Regardless of how you have been injured, we will evaluate your case and provide you with the necessary support. Here are just a few types of auto accident cases we have the expertise to handle:
- Rear-End Collisions
- Side Impact Collisions
- Roll-Over Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Failure to Yield
- Texting While Driving
- “Fender Benders”
- Deadly or Defective Vehicles
- Hit and Run Car Crashes
- Distracted Driving
- Highway Accidents
- Accidents Caused By Cellphones
- Drunk Driving
- Driving Under the Influence of Controlled Substances
- Driving Under the Influence of Medication
Our law firm has the resources to help you with your auto accident case in Phoenix. From medical bills to lost wages, our Phoenix car accident attorneys will consider a broad range of variables to accurately value your car accident claim. In short, we will help you maximize the compensation you receive for your car accident injury and ensure you get the results you deserve.
Get Answers To Your Questions About Phoenix Car Accidents
With over $3 billion in settlements and court case victories for our clients, our lawyers are well-equipped to tackle complex cases. The more challenging, the better. If you are entitled to compensation, we will utilize a broad range of resources to ensure you receive it. At Cooper Law Partners, we are committed to helping victims of car accidents in Phoenix.
On this page, we’ve taken the time to answer some common questions we are asked about motor vehicle accidents in Phoenix. If you have immediate questions about your vehicle accident and how personal injury lawyers can support you in making a car accident claim, you should read through these answers and contact a Phoenix auto accident attorney.
- What should I do after a car accident in Phoenix?
- Is it worth getting an attorney in Arizona for a car accident?
- When should I hire a Phoenix car accident lawyer?
- What is the average settlement for a car accident injury?
- How do I maximize my car accident settlement?
- How much is pain and suffering worth in a car accident?
- What is a good settlement offer for a Phoenix car accident?
- How much compensation should I ask for for the pain and suffering caused by an accident?
- How can I prove my pain and suffering caused by a vehicle accident?
- Should I get a lawyer for a car accident that wasn’t my fault?
- What happens when a car accident wasn’t your fault?
After reading through this page, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team. We have a dedicated team of professionals that are ready to answer your questions. When it comes to making car accident claims, time is always of the essence. We want to make sure we answer your questions and you receive the help you deserve.
What should I do after a car accident in Phoenix?
Your actions after an auto accident will have a significant impact on the success of your Phoenix car accident claim. By following just a few simple steps, you will be able to maximize the likelihood of receiving the compensation you deserve. If you’re reading this after an auto accident, you should do your best to follow these recommendations.
1. If it is safe to do so, you should stay at the accident scene. Trying to leave the scene of an accident could prevent you from sharing your side of the events with the police. Also, if others were injured or killed as a result of the accident, leaving the scene could be illegal.
2. You must call the police. You should then ask the police to file a report, to ensure the crash is properly documented.
3. It is important to obtain the names and contact information of all the drivers involved in the auto accident. Exchanging information with others is important for accountability. This information should also include any relevant insurance details. You should also obtain the contact information of any witnesses.
4. Make sure you do not apologize. It sounds rude, but apologies are often interpreted as admissions of liability. Apologizing could make it more difficult for your Phoenix car accident attorney to maximize the value of your personal injury lawsuit or claim down the line.
5. If the other drivers’ behavior is erratic or in any way unusual, you should make a note of this. This could be an indication that the driver is intoxicated.
6. Take photos of the scene of the accident. Any photos that indicate damage to your vehicle, the cause of the accident, or the severity of your injuries could influence the amount of compensation you can receive for your car accident injuries and property damage.
7. Immediately seek medical attention. Without delay, if you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, your health is the priority. Even if you haven’t been seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, it is advisable to seek medical treatment at the earliest opportunity. Medical bills stemming from auto accident injuries are usually compensable following a car accident.
8. Once you have completed the steps listed above, you should speak with a Phoenix car accident attorney for a free case evaluation. If you want to win fair compensation, you should contact an attorney in Phoenix, Arizona who has experience helping car accident injury victims. At Cooper Law Partners, we will do everything in our power to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
These are the crucial steps an accident victim should take in the immediate aftermath of a car accident in Phoenix or anywhere else in Arizona. Even though each of these tasks should be completed, your health is by far the most important consideration. Seeking medical attention as soon as possible should always be your top priority.
Is it worth getting an attorney in Arizona for a car accident?
Unfortunately, the average accident victim is not equipped to negotiate with insurance companies. If you don’t have experience with the claims process, you will likely end up accepting a settlement offer that is below what you deserve. It is almost always worth getting an attorney for a car accident case. Auto accident lawyers keep insurance companies honest and help car accident victims get fair settlement offers.
Below are some key statistics that signify the importance of hiring an attorney for a car accident:
- An average driver will crash their car between three and four times in their lifetime.
- Car accidents are the leading cause of death of children in the U.S.
- Every 88 minutes, on average, one pedestrian dies from a car crash.
- The vast majority of car accidents happen within minutes of a driver’s home.
Regardless of how insignificant a personal injury may appear to be, we always believe it is worth exploring the potential for a claim. At our firm, we provide 100% free case reviews to car accident victims for injury claims, so you can quickly and easily find out whether your injuries merit pursuing a lawsuit. If you have recently been in an auto accident in Phoenix, or anywhere else in the state of Arizona, our Arizona car accident lawyers are available to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Millions of dollars are lost every year by those who choose not to pursue car accident claims. Do not miss your opportunity to recover financial compensation for your injury or the death of a loved one, lost wages, and property damage.
Contact us for your fast and free case evaluation. We will be happy to provide you with the information you need to pursue an Arizona car accident claim.
When should I hire a Phoenix car accident lawyer?
If any of the following points apply, we strongly recommend hiring an attorney:
- You do not know how to negotiate with an insurance company.
- You do not know how to firmly establish liability.
- You do not have a good sense of how much your case is worth.
- You do not know how to accurately calculate pain and suffering.
- You do not know what a good settlement offer looks like.
- You are unable to adequately represent yourself in court.
It’s important to remember that each insurance company has its own set of lawyers. The insurance company’s lawyers are ready to review your compensation claim and advise the insurance company on ways to avoid paying you. It’s a tricky business. So if you want to win fair compensation, you should contact Arizona car accident lawyers that know how the process works and can help you navigate your claim.
What is the average settlement for car accident injuries?
The average settlement for a car accident injury can vary. Without context, it is impossible for any law firm to estimate the amount of financial compensation car accident victims should expect to receive for their car accident claims. From injuries and medical expenses. to liability issues, there are too many factors for us to consider to determine a specific amount without reviewing your case.
Fortunately, at Cooper Law Partners, we have the procedures in place to evaluate and assess the merits of car accident claims in Phoenix, Arizona. We will take a broad range of variables into consideration. This is a collaborative process that begins during the risk-free consultation with the injury victim. The purpose of each consultation is to explore the merits of a compensation claim.
It is never wise to look at the compensation other victims are receiving and include this in your valuation. By doing this, you are forgetting that many factors must be considered in a claim. You cannot take a one-size-fits-all approach to compensation. Everybody has slightly different injuries and damages. With this in mind, it is important to speak with an attorney about your injuries.
How do I maximize my car accident settlement?
To maximize your car accident settlement, you need to be proactive. After a vehicle accident has occurred, you’re likely to remain in a state of shock for some time. The decisions you make during this time could determine how much compensation you’ll recover for your injuries. We would recommend following these five tips to maximize your car accident settlement:
1. Ensure that your personal injuries are reported and recorded, along with the cause of the car accident, by the relevant parties, such as the city police and emergency personnel.
2. Seek professional medical attention and advice as soon as possible after an accident.
3. Contact a car accident lawyer in Phoenix, AZ! Make sure you cooperate fully with your attorney.
4. Do not suffer in silence. If you are struggling to deal with the aftermath and injuries of recent events, you should seek help from your personal doctor or a qualified counselor. If necessary, your car accident attorney will help you find the appropriate medical professionals in Phoenix or anywhere else in the state of Arizona.
5. Keep track of all losses and medical expenses incurred as a result of the accident. This includes property damage, lost wages, medical bills. It also helps to keep a record of the impact of the injury on your daily life, including your pain and suffering.
Maximizing the value of injury claims in Arizona depends on careful and cautious decision-making. For example, making time to log your losses and expenses will make it easier for your legal team to incorporate these into your car accident claim. It’s often the little damages and injuries that have a big impact in a car accident case.
How much is pain and suffering worth in a car accident?
Pain and suffering are often calculated using either of the following two methods:
- The “Multiplier” Method: This is used to evaluate pain and suffering damages by multiplying the car accident victim’s financial damages by a multiplier, such as three. The insurance company will likely be reluctant to automatically concede that a multiple can quantify pain and suffering damages.
- The Daily Rate Method: The daily rate method, also known as the per diem method, is sometimes used to calculate the pain and suffering aspect of personal injury claims. Under this method, a certain amount of money is assigned to each day you continue to suffer and deal with the effects of your car accident.
The potential value of pain and suffering in a Phoenix car accident claim will depend on the severity of the injuries sustained by the accident victim. Personal injury attorneys have different methods for calculating pain and suffering caused by accidents.
Often, pain and suffering are calculated by comparing the injuries sustained in the accident with previously reported cases where claimants have suffered similar injuries. Our auto accident attorneys do not use this method because every car accident injury victim’s situation is different. Frustratingly, this does not always paint an accurate picture. Pre-existing conditions, emotional distress, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other victim-specific issues must be taken into account when determining fair compensation for pain and suffering in an injury claim.
How much compensation should I ask for the pain and suffering caused by an accident?
When it comes to compensation for pain and suffering, you should consult with a Phoenix car accident attorney. The lawyers that represent insurance companies are there to minimize the amount of money their clients, the insurance companies, pay car accident victims.
What is a good settlement offer for a Phoenix car accident?
Let’s run through an example. An insurance company makes an opening offer of $100,000. Most personal injury cases will involve negotiation. In a case like this, the lawyer may negotiate with the insurance company and, with the client’s permission, settle the case $150,000. A good settlement for one accident victim may be a poor settlement for another accident victim. The results of a claim vary by case.
If you’d like more information about what your Phoenix car accident case may be worth, call us today for a risk-free consultation.
What qualifies as pain and suffering?
Any physical injury can be the basis of pain and suffering. Below are but a few examples of physical injuries that usually result from a vehicle accident:
- Back pain
- Nerve damage
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal organ damage
- Pulled or sprained muscles
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neck pain
- Dislocated joints
Cooper Law Partners will help you to seek a full and fair settlement for your personal injuries. As auto accidents can vary in scope and damage, a good settlement offer for one accident may be unfavorable for another. Ultimately, a fair car accident claim settlement offer will depend on the specific circumstances surrounding the car crash.
How can I prove my pain and suffering caused by a vehicle accident?
Anything that tends to show how you’ve suffered from physical injuries resulting from a car accident can be used to prove pain and suffering. Below are common examples of ways car accident victims demonstrate their pain and suffering:
- Medical bills
- Expert testimonies
- Medical records
- Medical prognosis
- Pictures of your injuries
- Psychiatric records
The more evidence you have to support your claim, the better. Evidence of pain and suffering is likely to come in different forms. The extent of physical injuries can be documented through photos and even personal journals. This is why it is essential to record all damages and injuries when car crashes occur. These records could be used to show the victim’s physical and emotional pain. In addition to this, proof of treatment from medical professionals may also be helpful.
The extent of a person’s losses and expenses will vary in severity. Tragically, car accidents involving wrongful death in Phoenix, AZ have become all too common. For these life-changing incidents, the compensation required to offset immeasurable losses and expenses is likely to be significant. An experienced car accident attorney in Phoenix, AZ will fight to make sure the accident victim’s family is compensated for the life-altering loss of their loved one.
What happens when a car accident is not your fault?
If you’ve been involved in a car accident that was not your fault, consider the following:
- Do not admit any fault for the accident.
- Take photos at the scene of the accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Ignore all insurance company phone calls.
- Write down your account of the incident.
- Contact an attorney at the earliest opportunity.
It is distressing and confusing when you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own. You may feel like you’ve been forced into an unfortunate situation that you don’t have any control over. With skilled Phoenix car accident lawyers in your corner, you can gain control of the situation and fight to get the compensation you deserve.
Should I get a lawyer for a car accident that was not my fault?
Absolutely! If you’ve been involved in a car crash that was not your fault, call a Phoenix car accident attorney as soon as possible. Do not deal directly with an insurance company without first speaking to an accident attorney who is familiar with Arizona law. Our team of car accident lawyers in Phoenix, AZ has the experience to support you in your time of need. We are excited to evaluate your case as part of your risk-free consultation.
Contact Cooper Law Partners – Phoenix to Get in Touch with Top Car Accident Lawyers
We have the resources to help you with your Phoenix car accident case 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call us at (800) 872-3500. We’ll answer immediately and connect you to a car accident injury attorney in Phoenix. You can also call our local number at (602) 932-6700.
Send us a message
Our average response time is less than 5 minutes. Our contact form allows you to submit your information for a car accident case review. If you are calling from the site of an accident or need immediate assistance, we recommend calling immediately because it is important for you to get advice from a car accident attorney as quickly as possible.
Visit one of our many convenient meeting locations in Arizona (by appointment only), including in the Phoenix metro area.
Our Lawyers Get Recognition Because Our Clients Get Results
Our award-winning car accident lawyers have been recognized by some of the country’s leading organizations like the Arizona Republic, Arizona Daily Star, Yuma Sun, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, NBC News, CBS News, ABC News, Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and over 250 others. We are proud of our reputation for client satisfaction and success.